All informations provided here are FACTS : I kept a copy of ALL the emails I have receiced / Sent with FULL HEADER (legal proof of authenticity).
These emails will be sent if requested to official services such as eBay, Paypal, Customs, Tax department, Police Lawyers...
But as confidential informations such as IPs, email address, email services used... are included in these Headers, they will not be sent to other persons.
At the present time, I've got 2 disputes with creep1962 :
NEWS Dec 31, 2005 : See below at the end of each Dispute Sections.
Anyway, THANKS A LOT to creep1962 for his feedbacks comments ! Regarding the emails he sent me (and I kept), he just gave me officially all the confirmations I needed to proove his lack of honesty. :-)
1) Waiting a refund ($478.95 US) for a Stolen Package
I have no choice that no leave a negative feedback now (Dec 31, 2005) because I bought this item about 3 Monthes ago and the problem is not solved yet (eBay allow only 90 days to leave feedback). If the problem will be solved in the future I'll ask eBay to remove it.
For the moment I asked a Legal Aid Service to manage the problem...
I'll contact local authorities of the seller on my side too... just waiting some asministrative informations before proceeding.
Events Summary :
- Oct. 07, 2005 : Question about Ebay Item # 8704084247 - STAR WARS MINIATURES CLONE STRIKE COMPLETE :
"Hi, I'd like to know how much it will cost for shipping to France and How much it will cost to include an insurance. Thanks, Have a nice day, Christian"
- Oct. 07, 2005 : Answer from creep1962
"I will ship it to you for $29. ALL of my packages are insured ! :) Thanks, Scott"
Total Price Paid : US $478.95 (2 Paypal Payments sent to creep1962Oct. 08, 2005).
- Item sent via USPS, Receipt Number: ED 417 463 768 US - Acceptance, October 18, 2005, 12:18 pm, FARMINGTON, MO 63640
- The Package was stolen to Chronopost International October 25, 2005.
- Oct 29, 2005 : I sent an email to creep1962 to ask an invoice of the eBay's purshase to try to claim to Chronopost directly from France (finally Chronopost told me it was to the seller to claim).
The same day I reveived creep1962's answer :
"There is one problem. I valued the set at $100 so you would not have to pay anothe $160-$180 in customs fees, to pick it up. The invoice, if taken from Ebay, would show $449. So, do you want me to send it with $100 as the price ? I think this would be ok, unless you think they are going to refund the money instead of recovering the package. Let me know, and I will give what you want. Thanks, Scott"
WHY DID HE MADE A FALSE VALUE DECLARATION OF THE ITEM TO USPS - CUSTOMS ?
WHY TAKING A SUCH HAZARDOUS INITIATIVE WHEN I NEVER ASKED SUCH A THING ???
THEN MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS : HE WON'T ASSUME HIS MISTAKE AND I'LL NEVER SEE MY MONEY BACK... BUT MAYBE I'AM PESSIMISTIC, WE'LL SEE, AFTER ALL, HE MIGHT BE HONEST ?
- Nov 07, 2005: Chronopost's Letter saying the package ED 417 463 768 US was stolen (Official Robbery Certificate) scanned and sent to creep1962 , (English translation included into the email because the letter was in French).
- Nov 09, 2005 : Email received from creep1962 asking for the translation of the Chronopost Letter ???
- Nov 09, 2005 : Translation sent (again) to creep1962.
TOTAL REFUND OF THE STOLEN EBAY ITEM ASKED TOO IN THIS EMAIL.
- NO MORE NEWS FROM creep1962.
- Nov 21, 2005 : I sent a 2nd Chronopost letter scan (Official Robbery Certificate) written in English to creep1962, then he asked me to wait, because he'll claim to USPS...
Click on the Letter to Open In a Full Window
- Nov 22, 2005creep1962 send me an email : "I will address the Post Office with the letter from Chronopost tomorrow....."
- Dec 19, 2005 : I sent an email to creep1962 asking for an Immediate and total refund because the Package was stolen about 2 Monthes and there was no valid reason to wait more because the package was insured.
I said it was the first time a seller asked me to wait before to make a refund for an insured lost / stolen package : The few times I had such problems, The other sellers always made refund immediately.
I said I thought I was patient enough !
- Dec 19, 2005 : creep1962 answer : "WAIT ! DON'T YOU THINK I AM ENTITLED TO RECIEVE MY MONEY BACK AS WELL ??? If I have to refund, shouldn't I get a refund ? Be very careful how you answer this question, as it could very well resolve this matter unfavorably. But this is a very fair question, and a reasonable expectation. Also, I am a seller, and its a week before Christmas. I cannot deal with this today."
- Dec 19, 2005 : I sent an email to creep1962 saying I was afraid he won't refund my money because HE WASN'T SURE to retreive His money because of his FALSE VALUE DECLARATION of the Item to USPS / CUSTOMS.
I asked him too : "Why to be Menacing if you are in your rights and have nothing to worry about ?"
(Personal thought : It looks like he's looking for a bad reason to don't send me back my money !)
I asked him too to speed up the things because I really need my Money as I was a client too.
- Since Dec 19, 2005 : I sent 8 emails to creep1962. I received no answer yet (Dec 30, 2005).
I know he is reading his emails, because in the same period, I asked my wife to write him to ask informations about some ebay items he was selling and he replied each time in less than 12 hours... All right, I used a ruse, but I hadn't no other choice to get the proof he received all the emails and he refused to reply only to mines.
So, is it an honest behaviour from an eBay's seller to ignore emails asking him to assume his responsibilities ? Hmmm ? I just ask the question.
- Dec 31, 2005 : I left a Negative feedback... so creep1962left his one. He said he offered me a 100 % replacement... I'D LIKE IT WAS TRUE : I hadn't to buy a 2nd Complete Set (The one with the Broken Yoda) !
He wrote his feedback without THINKING... Why I'd Spend $450.00 + Shipping & Handling + Insurance AGAIN if he'd really proposed me such a thing ???
I'am not (so) stupid...
2) Waiting to receive a new Yoda figure
- Item Purchased : Complete Clone Strike Set - Oct 28, 2005
- Yoda figure was broken in the package I received Nov 07, /2005.
(I think it's a shame : The figures of a $470 U.S. Complete Collection of Miniatures were grouped into simple supermarket plastic bags. The bags were crushed into the parcel without protection so Yoda's arm was broken !)
- Asked for an unbroken figure Immediatly (I sent him the above photo as proof)... Many emails were sent because of no concrete answers.
- Finally... Nov 22, 2005 : Answer of creep1962 saying he is OK to ship a new Yoda figure and asked me my delivery address.
- Dec 30, 2005 : Not received yet... Still Waiting...
- Dec 31, 2005 : I left a Negative feedback... so creep1962left his one too and he just say HE HADN'T SENT the New Broken Yoda I was Waiting for 1 Month... (because I haven't sent him back the broken one... but he never asked me such a thing (just because this figure has NO MORE VALUE for a collector !)
I understand now the reason why he didn't replied to my last emails where I asked about the USPS/CUSTOM number of the Parcel receipt : he lied when hetold me he'll send me one. (And again when he wrote me that delivery time was long because of holidays...)
So, now I know what to do : To buy a new one to an honest person. He made me loose my time and my money... too bad.
My Sellers (eBay Names)
figurineminiature (Fr) - My Favorite Seller !
- Very kind persons.
- Send useful gifts with item boughts (relative to the item bought of course).
- Gift voucher for the next purchase included into the package.
- Slow to answer when problem occurs (need 3-4 emails).
Store : None
creep1962 (U.S.A.) - To Avoid - (See the Dispute Section above and make your own opinion)
- To Avoid !
- Good, but only when there's no problem.
- Poor (The figures of a $470 U.S. Complete Collection of Miniatures were grouped into simple supermarket plastic bags. The bags were crushed into the parcel without protection so Yoda's arm was broken !)
(I'am talking here of the 2nd complete Clone Strike Set I Bought to him... the 1st one was stolen.)
- Always look at the feedbacks of a seller before bidding.. (Note : good feedbacks doesn't guarantee 100% everything will be perfect for you.... unfortunately)
- Don't hesitate to ask for lower shipping & handling prices if they are too much expensive (some sellers overprice them) before bidding.
- Always ask for insurance for expensive purchases.
- Keep all the emails of the seller (with the FULL HEADER : they may used as a legal proof if a problem occurs !) till the end of the transaction.
- When a problem occurs :
* Always try to solve it in a friendly way and be patient !
* If the solution seems to be locked, use the eBay's Dispute Console.
* If you are victim of a swindle (no answers for undelivery package, no refund for a lost/stolen package...) don't hesitate to contact legal aid services and/or the local authorities of the seller : City Hall, Police, Customs...
* If you are lucky and you have a lawyer in your family who lives in the same country of the seller , this may help too :-)